Top 10 Contact Center Software for 2022-2023
Before the advent of contact center software, customer service representatives would handle all customer requests and complaints through telephone calls. But after the introduction of the technology, customer service agents can handle customer interactions via a wide range of channels including phone calls, text messages, emails, live chats, and social media. That transformed call centers into contact centers.
But due to the rising competition, the market now is flooded with many types of contact center solutions. Out of them, only a few are worthy and enable businesses to excel in their customer service and support endeavors. Choosing the right contact center software is essential for success. This blog post lists the top 10 contact center solutions that gained a lot of popularity in 2022 and are poised to keep up the momentum in 2023 and beyond.
10 top contact center software for business success
Now the question comes “why top 10 contact center software?” Well, HoduSoft conducted a survey in which respondents were asked to choose from the list of top 10 to 100 to help them decide the best software products or service providers. As high as 90 percent of respondents voted for the top 10 list, while the remaining 10 percent voted for the top 50 list. Here’s our list of the 10 best contact center software, not in order of excellence.
In the last few years, this relatively new entrant is creating massive waves in the contact center and VoIP space. In 2021, HoduCC scored 90 out of 100 on GetApp’s data quadrants and achieved high user ratings in five key areas, which made it a category leader in Gartner’s GetApp category and one of the best customer experience software. HoduCC offers some extremely sophisticated and top-notch features such as:
- 1000 plus concurrent calls and 250 agents in one server
- Attractive UI/UX
- Predictive Dialer
- Multi-level IVR
- Call Recording
- WebRTC Phone
- WFH features
- Video chat and conference for external service and internal collaborations
- Omnichannel integration Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp
- Integration with all major CRMs including SalesForce in addition to partnering with Zoho
- Email and other channels integrated into a single dashboard view
- Inbound services and outbound campaign creation
- Add on modules like surveys, quality analysis, SMS broadcasting, WhatsApp broadcasting
- Easy-to-use dashboard and extreme customization
Pros: The features, support, and integrations of the contact center software is on par with the leading names in the industry, while its price plans are extremely affordable for all sizes of businesses.
Cons: Being a relatively new entrant in the market, it lacks the brand recognition that the heavyweights have.
The US-based contact center software provider has three top contact center software—Cloud CX, which is a unified contact center platform on the cloud, Genesys DX, an AI-powered platform for designing self-service, and Multicloud CX for personalized experiences and hybrid environments. Using Genesys Cloud CX, contact center owners can effortlessly handle interactions and metrics and address problems quickly. Some of the top-notch features include:
- Omnichannel desktop for the agent
- IVR with speech-enabled options
- Speech analytics
- Voice telephony
- Webchat, SMS, email, response management, call back
- Outbound campaign capabilities, including outbound dialing
- Call recording, historic reporting, quality management
- Unified communications and collaboration capabilities
- Genesys Cloud CX for Salesforce and other CRM tools
Pros: Easy deployment and scaling up. It provides simple interfaces for non-technical users.
Cons: Price—the base monthly plan starts at $75 per agent, which may be costly for small businesses. The platform is also a bit complex compared to other platforms.
The Five9 Intelligent Cloud Contact Center is a subscription model contact center software that’s loaded with a wide range of features, making it one of the best customer experience management platforms. Some of the top features include:
- AI feature that can integrate inbound and outbound communication functions such as predictive dialing
- Click-to-call technology
- Call forwarding, recording, routing, and analytics features
- IVR with visual options
- Natural language processing (NLP) and speech recognition for IVR
- CRM software and API integrations
- Call scripts and transcriptions
- Live and historical reporting
- Customer interaction analytics
- AI assistance for live agents
Pros: Apart from the sophisticated features, its customizable pricing is one of its biggest merits. Furthermore, it doesn’t charge any maintenance fees.
Cons: The company’s contact center systems and user interface are more complicated than its competitors. The platform also crashes when too many applications run simultaneously. It has higher rates of dropped calls than other tools.
Avaya offers three variants of contact center software—Aura, Elite, and OneCloud CCaaS. The latter contact center as a service platform is a new entrant in its product line. The company’s all solutions provide the following features:
- OneCloud CCaaS includes Avaya’s Conversational Intelligence
- Voice, email, webchat, and text
- Call and desktop screen recording, call transcriptions
- Automated routing
- Multi-channel communication
- Interaction tracking
- Real-time chat
- Employee engagement tools
- Intelligent routing
Pros: Apart from the sophisticated features, the company is trustworthy and consistent in its service. The software is easy to use and scores high in user satisfaction.
Cons: Avaya’s pricing plans start at $82 per agent monthly for voice only and $111 per agent monthly for omnichannel support, which can be expensive for small businesses.
Twilio’s Flex is a cloud-based Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS), which has omnichannel capabilities that support audio calls, video calls, email, text, chat, and social media. The company features among the top 10 contact center solutions due to the following features:
- Call waiting, recording, and reporting capabilities
- Outbound dialing
- Internal chat
- Queued callbacks
- Historical reporting
- Keyword spotting and live transcriptions
- Detection of answering machine
- Call routing
- Custom dashboards, analytics, and reporting capabilities
Pros: Twilio is highly programmable, flexible, and scalable. It has a speedy implementation time and it provides an entire gamut of services under one platform.
Cons: The price is one of the biggest drawbacks of the solution provider. Its hourly plans start from $1 per user while the monthly plans start from $150 per user. Users also may face a bit of integration and customization challenges.
The company is among the big names in contact center solutions. Its product Zendesk Talk is a contact center platform, which is integrated with the Zendesk Support ticketing system. It can also integrate with several third-party applications including SugarCRM and Salesforce. Some of the features that make it one of the best contact center solutions are:
- Omnichannel support, knowledge management, and support for internal service desks
- AI chatbot that interacts with customers
- Only one tool for both internal and contact center support
- Web Widget for customer support
- Custom business rules, including triggers and automation
- Community forums
- Cascading style sheets
- Performance dashboards
- Reporting and analytics
- Single sign-on
- Support for multiple languages and time zones
Pros: Easy integration with CRM technology. The basic annual subscription plan is reasonable, which costs $49 per agent per month.
Cons: The company’s enterprise annual subscription plans are expensive, which costs $150 per agent per month. It also lacks some integrations and inbuilt reporting.
8×8 is a publicly traded contact center technology and VoIP company, which offers 8×8 Contact Center software. This cloud-based contact center software provides a wide range of features such as:
- Omnichannel integration
- Cutting-edge speech, interaction, and engagement analytics
- Integration with CRM applications
- Open APIs to connect to third-party systems
- Simplified access to subject matter experts
- Predictive dialer
- Interoperable team messaging
- Post-call surveys
- Real-time supervisor feedback
- Collaborative performance management
- Integrated voice, web chat, email and social media
- Skill-based routing
- Queued and web callback
Pros: The company offers excellent uptime and a host of CRM integrations.
Cons: Price plans are a bit expensive for small businesses.
French contact center and VoIP solution provider, Odigo offers cloud-based omnichannel Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS). The company, which was founded in 1986, is one of the oldest players in the contact center space and has one of the best customer experience management software. Here are some of its best features:
- Omnichannel management of voice, chat, SMS, messaging, email, social media, and video
- Call management
- Call routing
- Automation leveraging the power of advanced AI and Machine Learning
- Engagement, performance, and optimization
- Cloud Platform
- User Experience
- Access controls and permissions
- Activity dashboard
- Alerts or escalation
- Automatic call distribution
- Behavior tracking
Pros: Trust and brand value that comes with 36 years of presence in the contact center space. A host of features and easy integration with various third-party solutions. Ease of use and performance.
Cons: Not much in this section, except for the unavailability of pricing plans.
Ameyo is yet another major contender for the top contact center solutions for 2022-23. The India-based contact center solutions provider has a wide array of features and is easy to use. Some of its best features are:
- Automatic call distribution
- Skill-based routing
- On-premise, cloud, and hybrid options
- Omnichannel integration of voice, chat, email, and social media
- Unified agent desktop
- Virtual queuing
- Self-service intelligent IVR, chat, and chatbot
Pros: Apart from the excellent features, the contact center solution ranks high on ease of use and value for money.
Cons: Its customer support service can be better. The solution is also reported to have integration and stability issues.
The list of top 10 contact center software would be incomplete without mentioning RingCentral Contact Center, which is among the best customer experience platforms in the world. The software is available in three different pricing plans, each with different features. But the common features include:
- Omnichannel support for inbound and outbound voice, SMS, social media, live chat, and email
- Interactive voice response
- Automatic call distributors
- Inbound, outbound, real-time, and historical reporting
- Real-time dashboards
- Third-party integrations
- Speech recognition
- Open platform with API and software development kit
Pros: Features, of course. Exceptionally fast integration. Excellent uptime.
Cons: Some reports of technical issues. Unavailability of pricing plans.
If you’re looking for a robust solution for your contact center, you can consider any of these 10 best contact center workforce software. But if you’re looking for a solution provider that provides the top-notch quality of contact center software at competitive prices, then consider Hodusoft’s HoduCC. It is loaded with sophisticated features, yet comes at a reasonable price. Moreover, it can be customized to meet the needs of different businesses.