Call Center and Contact Center Software Difference Complete GuideCustomer service is an integral part of the business. In the time of online retail and social media, most businesses realize the hidden value in customer service and its positive correlation to business success. Over 50% of customers across all age groups prefer phone communication to reach out to a service team, making it the most-used channel for customer service, a survey by Zendesk found. The ongoing covid-19 pandemic has shone a spotlight on the function, largely underrated. Many global companies are now focussing on ramping up their customer service business, due to a spike in demand. So what is driving this demand? What are the essential tools used for managing customer expectations? What is the difference between call and contact center software? Let us delve deeper and understand. Companies make customer interactions through two essential ways– call and contact centers. For many, call center and contact center are interchangeable terms. Any operation concerning customer service is viewed as a call center. Whilst, they both aim to iron out customer issues by servicing them, there are key differences in their approach and engagement. Let us understand the differences in detail.
What’s your calling: Customer Call Center or Customer Contact CenterA call center follows the basic principles of servicing customers over phone calls only. The agents in a call center are known as customer service representatives, who handle customer inquiries, provide technical support and address customer service issues. Some call centers provide other services such as billing, reminder or payments due, sales and telemarketing phone calls. The focus is on key performance indicators such as average calls per agent per day, average talk time, and the number of tickets resolved among others.
Inbound and Outbound OperationCustomer call centers are categorized based on the type of operation—inbound and outbound. An inbound call center software is a gateway for incoming calls from customers. Most of the calls primarily belong to existing customers who typically call for queries and issue resolution. Whereas an outbound call center is used for making outgoing calls to existing and potential customers. An outbound call center is valuable for marketing campaigns for cold calls, pitching products, market research, and sales calls. Contact centers, on the other hand, represent an integrated channel for customer communications. They cut across multiple channels including phone, email, chat, and social media for customer engagement on their choice of platform. The biggest advantage of a contact center is a single platform for handling all interactions taking place on multiple channels.
Key Differences Between Call Center and Contact Center SoftwareWe break down the key differences for easy comprehension below:
- Phone versus omnichannel platform
- Engagement level
- Self-service feature
- Information access
Read Also: What is ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) and Its Importance For Today’s Businesses?HoduSoft offers both products under the brand name HoduCC, which incorporates a host of features and advanced techniques used in the industry. HoduCC call and contact center present an innovative solution for call centers and contact centers, which can be customized as per the business needs and industry standards.
Key Features of HoduCC Call and Contact Center Solution
- Auto dialer
- Predictive dialer
- WebRTC Phone
- Multilevel IVR
- Call Recording
- Real-time analytics and reports
- CRM integration
- SMS integration
Add-on features of HoduCC
- IVR and agent survey
- Quality Analysis
- SMS Broadcasting
Exclusive features of HoduCC Call center software
- Preview dialer
- Progressive dialer
Exclusive features of HoduCC Contact Center software
- Single-tenant and multi-tenant version- Single-Tenant version is used by the end customer for their usage. The customers can be banks, insurance, call centers, BPOs, healthcare, manufacturing, or any company that wants to streamline the customer engagement and increase customer satisfaction.
- Skill-based mapping– This feature lets you transfer the calls to specific agents or departments based on predefined routing rules.
- Automatic call distribution– Automatic Call distribution is an efficient way to respond promptly to incoming calls by routing them to the best available agent. It enhances call response rate and call handling time, thereby improving customer satisfaction. During high call volume periods, callers can choose a call-back option rather than waiting in the queue. Hence, with the systematic immediate response, you can streamline the working process.
- WhatsApp for businesses
- WhatsApp Based Ticketing
- Two-Way communication
- Alerts & Notifications
- Rich Media Support
- Seamless integration
- Facebook integration
- Video chat
- Screen Sharing: The software allows screen sharing, which helps in improving video communication efficiency.
- Document Sharing: Through a video chat solution, customer care representatives can easily share presentations, MOUs, and other important documents.
- Call Recording: The software makes it easy to record calls to analyze business conversations.
- Confidentiality: Conversations can be kept confidential with the help of a video chat solution.
WFH or remote: HoduCC Call Center has got you covered
- Remote Agent– Allow your agent to work seamlessly from anywhere and run the business operations smoothly.
- Inbuilt WebRTC Phone– Use advanced audio and video call features to assist customers in a better way.
- Browser-based Access- Easy access through a web browser without software installation on the device.
- Call Forwarding to mobile- Reduce the chances of unattended calls through call forwarding to mobile and improve customer satisfaction
- Call Bridging– Improve the communication through efficiently connecting agents to customers and vice versa.
- Call recording- Record calls for monitoring, supervising purposes, and boosting customer support services.
- Highly secure- Converse with customers and deliver the best assistance to them through the highly secured system.