6 Benefits of Multi-tenant IP PBX Software
Over the years, companies across the spectrum have slowly been moving to unified communications systems to manage distributed teams. However, the trend gained rapid pace with the Covid-19 pandemic that accelerated digitization by several years in a few months. Business phone systems like Multi-Tenant IP PBX Software (Internet Protocol Private Branch Exchange) can do much more at a fraction of the cost. Many companies now realize that having a modern phone system can help them unlock potential in many ways. In fact, the global PBX and IP PBX market are set to reach $7.7 billion by 2025 as per a report by ResearchAndMarkets.com.
The biggest advantage of the IP PBX system is VoIP technology, you can opt for hosted VoIP IP PBX or cloud, multi-tenant, or single-tenant but, they all use VoIP. PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) has limited capability whereas IP PBX is versatile. Let’s understand the IP PBX system in a little detail.
What is an IP PBX phone system?
It uses only an IP data network to connect phones, unlike the traditional PBX system that uses both data and phone networks. Due to this, it leads to significant savings in cost and at the same time reduces network management efforts.
Simply put, an IP PBX is a switching system for connecting Voice over IP and landline phones.
Multi-tenant IP PBXMulti-tenant IP PBX software can support many users with a single instance of the software. One can assign varying levels of permission for usage among the tenants. Multi-tenant IP PBX is useful for ISPs and ITSPs, who can use the existing infrastructure to IP PBX services. Let us look at some of the benefits of IP PBX.
Benefits of Multi-Tenant IP PBX
1. Advanced featuresThe vanilla IP PBX has plenty of features such as call waiting, caller ID, call parking, call pickup and transfer, call barring, and conferencing, to mention a new one. Further, you have DID support and IVR as well as SMS in addition to voicemail. In a standard IP PBX solution, it may not be easy to allocate permissions for specific modules to specific users or groups of users. The multi-tenant IP PBX software is built to serve a variety of users in a hierarchical organization. Therefore, you get the benefit of modularity and the capability to allocate resources and assign permissions for specific features.
2. Better productivity with Isolation and cohesionThe main users of multi-tenant IP PBX software would be service providers offering IP PBX as a Service and large business enterprises with multi-branch operations. The multi-tenancy feature allows isolation yet facilitates cohesion.
- There is an Admin in HoduPBX Multi-Tenant IP PBX software who handles multiple customers (tenants) with the help of the software. Since it is a multi-tenancy architecture supporting a number of tenants, HoduPBX Multi-Tenant IP PBX software allows admin to provide certain rights and permissions to the tenants with multiple levels of administration.
- Each tenant under the Admin is logically isolated as far as call records, permissions, rates, and databases are concerned. However, they work in a cohesive system.
- Tenants operate as independent service providers. They can create various extensions under them. Also, the tenants have the freedom to assign various rights and charge rates for different modules and services offered by them to their users.
- At the same time, the main admin can have an overview and control of CDRs of tenants and their users as well as their activities. Admin can collect the records of users for better management of communication.