Thriving manufacturing industry houses a complex network of designers, engineers, raw material and spare part suppliers, factories, and logistics across the world that leads to diverse requirements. It is, therefore, necessary for the manufacturing company to establish a robust communication network that can enhance the collaboration and improve productivity through streamlining the process. Here video conferencing plays a vital role and can improve many aspects of manufacturing processes.
Today, as the manufacturing enterprises face a lot of challenges and aggressive competition, the forward-looking companies tend to bank on modern communication solutions like video conferencing to meet the requirement of increased operational efficiency and customer service. Video conferencing enables companies to manage their projects more efficiently through establishing higher interaction, better relationships, and a better understanding of the tasks.
Here are five obvious benefits of video conferencing solution for the manufacturing sector:
- Improved R&D: Research and Development is a core for any manufacturing business to stay ahead of the curve. Open collaboration and discussion with the help of conferencing software, companies can improve the R&D process through maximising the creative output. It is easy to get the expert opinion about any product from anywhere in the world with video conferencing. This also helps companies accelerate TTM (Time to Market).
- Efficient supply chain management: It is the first and foremost requirement for any manufacturer to narrow the gap between demand and supply. As the supply chain needs to be agiler than ever, video conferencing solutions facilitate the companies to collaborate and connect with the global teams and suppliers at once.
- Operational efficiency: A proper product display is necessary to get a real-time feedback and troubleshooting measures. The video conferencing solution enables manufacturing enterprises to identify the product manufacturing areas that can be improved and eliminate the glitches through facilitating face-to-face communication. As a result, quality of product and operational efficiency both increase significantly.
- Effective employee training and real-time guidance: Employee retention and training are one of the most critical aspects of the manufacturing sector. Video conferencing creates training opportunities to train and retain employees. Training videos can be played and an expert remains present to discuss the questions that may arise after watching. Irrespective of geographical location, such an interactive training session can be run with the help of video conferencing.
- Enhanced collaboration: In the age of globalization, multinational workgroups and dispersed teams are common among the manufacturers globally. With a feature-rich video conferencing software solution, the manufacturing business can provide a better way to interact and collaborate with various workgroups and teams irrespective of geographical distance and different time zones. It can bring and bind the teams together.
It is needless to mention that improved communication and collaboration can lead a manufacturing company to come up with better quality products. It further translates into a loyal and satisfied customer base. In brief, video conference touches every aspect of the manufacturing sector and assists the companies to improve their top line.
At Hodusoft, our ready-made conferencing software HoduConf is ready to meet all the business communication requirements of the manufacturing sector.