Contact Center Software That Has Video Chat Supporting System Lead To Customer Satisfaction
It was a great leap forward when call centers migrated from PSTN to VoIP contact center software solutions. The next big leap is undoubtedly the video chat for call centers as a way to deliver a better user experience. If contact centers have not yet made the transition to incorporating video chat in their operations, it is time they did.
Typical legacy contact center software
If we talk about contact center software features, a typical contact center software includes the following set of features:
- Predictive dialer
- Automatic call distribution
- Skill based mapping
- Analytics and Reporting
Voice was and is the mainstay of communications in call center operations and forms the backbone of the software. However, in today’s scenario, this is not sufficient. Therefore, one can see the widespread use of omnichannel contact center software. Callers and agents can communicate via email, chat, SMS, voice mail, and fax in addition to voice telephone. Moreover, they can seamlessly switch channels to carry forward a conversation. Modern IVR and CRM form part of the contact center solution too.
The rise of WebRTC and OTT apps that permit voice and video chats has partially shifted focus to the video which is gaining in importance as a valuable tool for better customer interaction and satisfaction. Especially after the Covid-19 pandemic, two-thirds of customers prefer using video chat more than ever.
For ages, humans interact with conversations whether it is between two people or among people in a group. There is more to it than just listening and talking. The human mind always considers gestures, facial expressions, eye contact, and body language. All these things help a person arrive at an interpretation and understanding.
On the other hand, voice communication using telephony can be rather disembodied. A person may mean something and the person on the other side may understand it differently. Besides, it is not easy to judge a person’s emotions or sincerity by listening to his voice. This happens in call centers. Callers may not be entirely satisfied with the response an agent gives. On the contrary, transfer the same conversation to a video chat and the experience becomes so much better on both sides.
- The caller can see an agent and knows who he is interacting with and interpret body gestures and facial gestures.
- The agent can see the caller and judge the state of his emotions and adjust his tactics accordingly.
- Caller experiences greater satisfaction.
- Agents, over time, can become bored with talking. Video chat keeps them enthused. This gives them the feeling that they are actually facing a person and will do more to be cooperative.
In addition, the video introduces a human element of interaction and connection. It can introduce emotion. As a result, the agent becomes more committed and helpful which ensures a positive response to the caller.
There is more to video chat that WebRTC offers when included in the omnichannel contact center software.
- The caller can show a video of a product if that is what his complaint is about. He/she can also show a copy of the invoice or any image via video chat. This way, agents get a better idea of what the issue is.
- Agents can explain better and show a product demo or an image on the screen. Moreover, they can share documents or a presentation through video chat.
- It can become a group chat with more people joining in, not necessarily from the same location. This is because the software allows people in different locations to participate using desktops or mobile phones. Ultimately, video conference/chat can lead to a better understanding of an issue and faster resolution leading to customer delight.
- The users can include a video chat widget on the webpage of a customer’s website. This allows callers to navigate to the site and directly interact instead of having to go through a call center.
- Sometimes the issue relates to product functioning. In such a case, agents can show callers how to use the product or how to resolve a problem.
- Agents can use the same interface to call up records such as past emails, SMS, or fax.
- Omnichannel contact center software with video and WebRTC generally starts with voice for an issue. After that, it seamlessly escalates to video and rope in a supervisor to participate. This is a perfect way to let callers know that they are valued, customers.
Call centers need a software solution that incorporates WebRTC. However, the best part is that calling customers can just use their mobile phones. Yes, to join the video chat, there is no need to install any additional plugins.
Also Read: 5 Reasons WebRTC Is a Boon to Call Centers
To wrap up, the video makes a world of difference to human interaction, and call center business is all about interaction. The right enterprise contact center software with video chat support is really helpful. It can and does help everyone involved from the caller to the agent and the management. Supervisors can watch recorded videos and gain insights that can help improve agent attitude or presentation skills even more. It is an indispensable feature that every contact center should have in their software.
Now you can get this feature with HoduCC- Contact Center Software. Being one of the best products of HoduSoft, HoduCC is designed to improve your customers’ journey with faster problem-solving technology.